At last, a glimmer of hope! On 1st May 2015 I lost my Child Benefit (1st claim/appeal) Tribunal. Since then, I’d requested a “Set Aside”, but lost that too. Then I applied for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal Office. Today, I received the response from the Upper Tribunal Office. The Judge has granted me permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal! The Judge lists his REASONS for granting my Appeal, and he also gives five CASE MANAGEMENT DIRECTIONS:
1. The Appellant is (me). The First Respondent is HMRC. The Second Respondent is my ex-boyfriend.
2. First, the First Respondent (i.e. the HMRC representative) is asked to provide a response to the appeal within 1 month…..
3. Second, the Second Respondent (my ex) will then have 1 month in which to provide a response from the date he is sent the HMRC response.
4. Then the Appellant (me) may provide a reply to the Respondents‘ responses within 1 month of the date on which she is asked to do so by the Upper Tribunal.
5. The file will then be returned to (the Upper Tribunal Judge) for further directions or decision as appropriate.