I have had to send a new complaint today, about “T” (my work coach/personal adviser) at Erdington Jobcentre, to the DWP’s Central England Complaints Resolution Team. It’s a mere 2 days since I sent the first complaint about her.
I have been invited to view a property that I have bid on, a 1 bed housing association flat, next week. But this morning, the housing association phoned me to perform an affordability check, they said I need proof of my JSA (3rd claim) being in payment by then, otherwise they won’t be able to offer me the flat.
For years I have bid on properties, but I hardly ever get the winning bid.
The flat that I’ve been invited to view is quite a distance away. Crucially, because of the flat’s location, transport wouldn’t be an issue for me there, (though it is in my current property). I’ve explained this to “T”, but she’s unable to comprehend, & has zero empathy.
For my JSA (3rd claim) work focused interview on Tuesday 28th March 2017, I took everything I was asked to bring, & lots more too, much of which “T” chose to ignore (see lengthy complaint of 2 days ago).
I again rang “T” (my work coach) at Erdington Jobcentre today, she was in the middle of an interview, she rang me back afterwards. I again asked “T” if the DWP could reimburse my travel expenses, I said it’s not my fault that I have got to come back in. But “T” reiterated that they will only reimburse travel expenses for certain modes of transport.
I specifically informed “T” today that if my JSA isn’t in payment by next week’s flat viewing date, I wouldn’t be able to have the flat. I told “T” that transport wouldn’t be an issue for me at that flat, which only sparked her incredulity. She’s completely unable to comprehend my situation.
“T” said I didn’t mention transport issues on Tues 28/3/17 (my JSA WFI). I did indeed mention them. I also brought along several letters/documents, that she refused to look at, or copy, and she bluntly stopped me in my tracks when I tried to discuss some things.
I told “T” that she didn’t want to listen to much of what I had to say on 28/3/17, or read/copy what I had brought, saying how long the interview had already gone on for. “T” said I “had 2 hours” of her time on Tues 28/3/17!
Main Elements of Today’s Complaint:
- It’s “T’s” fault that she forgot to print off the Customer Statement for me to sign, & retain a copy for herself. (I’m not entirely happy with the copy she handed me, the full contents of which I didn’t completely agree to).
- “T” has suspended my JSA claim until I go back in to sign the customer statement that she forgot to print off.
- If my JSA (3rd claim) isn’t in payment by the viewing date for the flat I’ve bid on, next week, I will lose that property.
- If I lose the flat that I’ve been invited to view, transport will continue to be an issue for me.
- I am having to pay £16.03 non-dependent charge each week in my current property. I wouldn’t face this charge in the flat, as it’s a 1 bed, just for me. Will the DWP compensate me this for each week that I have to continue to rot here? Or is it actually possible that someone at the DWP, who I’m yet to encounter, has their head screwed on enough to actually want to help me?
Why, when I’m doing everything I possibly can to make a fresh start, which would dramatically improve my chances of securing employment, am I being hindered by “T”/the DWP?